Buying from Manufactures or Peformance Houses?

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@mctssa.usmc.mil)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2000 - 12:45:04 EST

Let me take a few minutes on this subject: when acquiring a SC doesn't mean
you will get a 100 percent return on horsepower and torque. The question is
always ask, why so much for the same unit from a aftermarket performance
house versus going direct to the manufacture.

The simple reply is they always test the product to the vehicle to achieve
the maximum HP/TQ from the item. Yet! Do the manufacture do that? Maybe!
But, maybe not. There might be some tweaking going on by the manufacture to
achieve the max HP/TQ and the tweaking is either not told or sold with the
unit.

However, I could simply bought the VORTECH SC from the manufacture but I
rather spend the extra 600-1200 dollars from ROUSH PERFORMANCE (or some
other places). The reason or logic is that, I know that one, they tested it
for max HP/TQ delivery. 2) You get a kit with it that will ensure that the
SC function properly (meaning: fuel injectors, HW temp stat, chip etc.).
3). If done by them, it will be warranty and rechecked for proper
installation and working order.

Yes! Most would argue against this but without a testing product thoroughly
for that individual vehicle, means running Dyno more than once for maximum
HP/TQ, then I didn't get my money's worth. How much time do I have to test
the product over-n-over again?
Steven St.Laurent
2000 Dodge Dakota 4.7 (V-8) SLT 4x2 (330HP?)
2000 Ford Roush Mustang Stage 1 (where is the SC?)
1999 Astro LS 4.3 HO V-6
1993 Chevy Tracker 1.6 (gutless)
mailto:stlaurents@mctssa.usmc.mil (work)
mailto:Saint1958@home.com (home)