Re: A question about Headers

From: Blinkslowly@aol.com
Date: Thu Feb 10 2000 - 19:59:44 EST

In a message dated 02/10/2000 12:50:15 AM Central Standard Time,
gene_hodge@hotmail.com writes:

<< I really know nothing about Headers, but it seems everyone is constantly
 talking about them, which leads me to believe I'm missing out on them. What
 exactly are they? What do they do? And how much do they cost? If anybody
 could answer these questions, I would be eternally grateful. >>
Well I hope you know what exhaust manifolds are..........right? Anyway
headers replace those. They are individual pipes that expel the gases from
the combustion chamber. They get rid of the gas quickly and smoothly thus
adding horsepower to your motor. I got mine from mopar performance for about
450 bucks but that is for a V8 I have no idea if they make them for a V6. I
know JBA makes them for a V6. As far as performance gains I could tell a
significant difference, it was worth the money but it would not be first on
my list for performance modifications.
Rob