Re: Obnoxious Squeaking and Suspension "Trick"

From: jsm@iglou.com
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 08:28:24 EST

>Well, the truck hit 39,000 miles the other day and behold...a very loud,
>obnoxious squeaking noise from the front end. After a checking (and double
>checking) everything I finally found it. Front ball joints were bone dry

Funny you should mention this. Just had the same thing happen to me,
mileage about 41,000. Took the truck to my local mechanic, he said the
lower ball joints were dry. For a quick fix he pried up the rubber boot
around the joint and shot a LOT of grease in there. After a day the
squeaking went away, but I know I need to get new ones. Does anyone make
replacement joints with zerk fittings?

Steve
jsm@iglou.com
Lou-a-vull, KY