Re: truck still has no spark

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 08:49:33 EST

Robert Howe wrote:

> Thanks... and to anyone with other suggestions... PLEASE suggest them. At
> this point... no idea sounds ludicurous.
>
> -Robert Howe
> 1995 V6 4x4 5-SPD

Try putting a voltmeter on the coil wire leads - not the high voltage "spark
plug" like wire out the top (that will smoke the meter probably!) - but the
harness connector. It should have 2 wires in a plastic connector. One of
these should have at least battery voltage (12-14.5V) on it. The other will
be ground or "floating". The coil cant create a spark if the primary circuit
(via the connector) isnt getting voltage. If everything is fine there (and
like everyone else said - wiggle it to make sure it is constant) - the only
other thing is the PCM or the crank position sensor. PCM could be swapped
for a known good one but not sure how to troubleshoot the crank position
sensor. I hear it is on the passenger side rear of the motor right where the
tranny bolts to the motor thru a cast-in "window". Good luck and keep us
posted.

Latr,

Shane

--
'96 IndyRam w/lots of mods (mine)
'96 IndyRam w/lots of options (wifes) - also a numbered (#142) "Track Truck"