Re: Po'-Boy Air Intake

From: bob (bnich@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 14:10:06 EST

fawcett@uism.bu.edu wrote:

> HELP!
>
> All this talk about cold air intakes is really bumming me out! I got the K&N
> cone filter, air hat, ring clamps and will make up a shorter S-Bolt... What I
> can't find or have made is the damn pipe!!!!!!!!
>
> I really want to go with a 3" metal pipe instead of ABS plastic but, again, I
> can't find any! I even went to Midas and had them try to mandrel bend some 3"
> exhaust pipe but it wouldn't work (the machine kept crushing the pipe). Hell,
> I can't even find black ABS plastic in the peoples republic of Massachusetts to
> fab something up while I continue my search for metal pipe! All they have
> around here is white PVC which would look really silly, IMHO!
>
> HELP!... SOS!... HELP!... SOS!... HELP!
> Tom
>
> P.S. Did I mention I need some help here?!

Hey Tom,
I used PVC....cleaned off the lettering so it wouldn't bleed thru and painted it to
match my truck. Also painted the air hat. The picture of the tubes on the site
....but I don't think the air hat is. You'll just have to wait til Foxwoods to see
it!
Bob

--
Lowered 1998 Metalic Red Extended Cab
Western Chassis 2/4" Drop, Gibson Cat Back, Lund Roll Pan, Lund Wiper Cowl