Re: Synthetic Oil

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 18:17:00 EST

Hmmmmm... Yeah I'm interested. The only problem I'm aware of with synth's had
to do with older engines (I'm talking early '80's and older) and their seals.
It seems that synth's were so thin and capable of getting into small places (a
good thing) they would work their way through poor rubber gasket seals in the
engine (a bad thing). With the tight seals in modern engines I'm told this
isn't a problem anymore. So far, my '98 318 is proof of this... Please, tell
us more.
Tom