Re: Po'-Boy Air Intake (Tom F.)

From: bob (bnich@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 18:15:14 EST

fawcett@uism.bu.edu wrote:

> <<Hey Tom,
> I used PVC....cleaned off the lettering so it wouldn't bleed thru and painted
> itto match my truck. Also painted the air hat. The picture of the tubes on the
> site ....but I don't think the air hat is. You'll just have to wait til Foxwoods
> to see it!
> Bob>>
>
> Bobby my boy! You been holding out on me or what? Does the PVC and paint hold
> up to the heat ok? I'll prime and paint some PVC to hold me over if it will
> work. Also, what did you use to clean off the lettering?... I hate seeing
> parts laying around not being used and PVC is the one FREAKING thing I CAN find
> around here!!
> Tom
>
> P.S. If I gotta wait 'till Foxwoods to get something rigged up, you better
> bring a spare ready for me to use! ;-) Hey! I just had a brain fart...
> Maybe this is why I can't spin the tires??????????????? Works for me! :-)

Tom,
I used acetone for the PVC. It ceans it real well and does a nice prep job for the
paint. No peeling at all. I put the K+N sticker on it and it looks like it belongs
there.
The pic of the air at is there..click on my link.
Bob

--
Lowered 1998 Metalic Red Extended Cab
Western Chassis 2/4" Drop, Gibson Cat Back, Lund Roll Pan, Lund Wiper Cowl