Re: Synthetic Oil

From: Mike Schwall (mschwall@flash.net)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 23:30:45 EST

Hyperutectic pistons don't expand like cast and forged pistons do, so they
run with a tighter piston to wall clearance. Zinc in motor oil is the high
pressure lubricating/anti-scuffing agent. It's what lubricates when there
is metal to metal contact. It's an extreme pressure lubricating agent
found in all motor oils in different amounts.

Mike

mschwall@flash.net