Re: CarFax Lemon Report

From: david zavetsky (zavetsky@usaor.net)
Date: Sat Feb 12 2000 - 08:15:17 EST

Just as anaside on this topic, I too sighned up for this service about two
months ago when I bought my Ferd Explorer.....

I ran every VIN of every vehicle I ever owned just for fun.....A lot of the
info on some of my older cars (pre-87) didnt show up......

I complained to the company and they said that due to how the various
states setup their info banks and laws, etc, that there was no guarantee
that ALL ofd the info will be there......So, if ya do this, use a grain of
salt.....You MAY not be seeing all the pertinent info on your vehicle....

On the upside, the company offered me a full refund.....

At 02:25 PM 2/6/00 -0500, you wrote:
>I was looking at this other Dakota, and decided to do a VIN# search, I found
>the CarFax page, and was suprised to find out the info the provide. anyways,
>for the extra $5 I signed up for the 2 months unlimited reports. So if
>anyone wants to check a VIN# go to http://www.carfax.com and at the member
>login put in my email address of jstolarz@loa.com
>
>Josh

1992 Dodge Dakota V8 3.90's