Re: Rancho 5000s

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sat Feb 12 2000 - 15:07:43 EST

This is just flat out not true. Give the 5000s a chance. They do seem pretty
stiff at first. Once they are broke in you will love them better than any you
have ever owned. I had this experience and everyone I know that bought R5Ks
said the same thing. You have to do some pretty hard driving to break them in
early (like 85+ mph on paved road w/a few dips/potholes/etc).

As far as 9000s go - the 5000s are just 9000s permanently set on 3 (the middle
setting of the 9000s) - nonadjustable on the 5000s.

The DTs are good as are Edelbrock IAS. The Edelbrocks are flat awesome on
corners but kinda soft otherwise.

I would say the Edelbrocks ride like a cadillac but perform like R5Ks when you
need them. The R5Ks feel like a truck ALL the time.

My .02 worth

Latr,

Shane

-----