original message 5.2 vs 4.7

From: Scubagatr@aol.com
Date: Sun Feb 13 2000 - 12:43:00 EST

I was just looking for some insight as to the quality of the new motor. I
read it was a very good replacement for the 5.2. Usually when Ma mopar does
some changes it is for the good of everyone. I read also that the 4.7 was
faster 0 to 60 than a 5.9. I forgot which publication it was. I realize
that you cannot believe everything you read, but you have to trust something.
 I like the idea of having full time four wheel drive and as the article said
it can only be had with the auto 4.7. I imagine that the next motor i have
will be the 4.7 because i want the full time 4wd.

thanks for all the input.

Dave in Naples, FL(97 5.2 2wd CC SLT) and loving it