New 4.7L V8 = new hemi engine???

From: Chris Lambert (clam9892@postoffice.uri.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2000 - 22:08:48 EST

The 4.7 is a semi-hemi head engine. the heads have a hemispherical
combustion chamber with one side being flat. this is why they are only a
semi-hemi and not a true hemi. the 318 has a conventional combustion
chamber. Does this make sense to you? I'm sure someone can better explain
if not...

Chris
(proud faterh of a 00cc, 4.7, 5sp)