RE: New 4.7L V8 = new hemi engine???

From: Barret, Matt (MATT_BARRET@earthtech.com)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2000 - 08:03:55 EST

Hemispherical means circular, the 4.7L cylinder head combustion chambers are
not completely circular or Hemi shaped but they are very close! And, the
valves are across from each other instead of beside each other like in the
318/360. Furthermore, the sparkplugs go in from the top of the head instead
of the bottom side. These are all characteristics of the original Chrysler
Hemi engines of the 50', 60's, and 70's. This is as close to a true Hemi
engine as you can get, without being one!

Matt -- Mechanicsville, VA
`00 Sport Plus 4.7L 5spd. 9 1/4 3.92 LSD RC 2x4
Homemade K&N open element, Traction Bars,
Spring clamps, ... BEST 1/4 14.871 @ 91.01 MPH
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ