Re: Track Results

From: George Hernandez (georgeh@ideas.tocquigny.com)
Date: Sun Feb 13 2000 - 23:12:31 EST

That's what Hot Rod got on a RC a few years ago. From what I've seen that is
pretty strong and not the average. Club cabs are about 3-4 tenths slower as far
as I can gauge due to the extra weight.

Makes me feel bad though! I have headers, DIY cold air and a cat-back for mods.
A good launch (2.0 or so) and a little playing around w/ the TV cable should get
me about a 14.9 or better, I think. Torque off the line is not a problem. I
just run out of gas on the top end. 225 RWHP just isn't enough I guess :) I
guess tolerances vary a lot. I've seen some people run better and some run worse
w/ about the same mods.

Mileage and break in may also be a factor. I've noticed that alot of motors
don't seem to loosen up until about 10k or so. I still have less than 6k on my
Dak so I hope to see improvement next time I go to the track w/out having to
play with anything.

-George