Re: Re: Speed Density to MAF

From: Jon Smith (fast4x4@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 01:44:31 EST

> > Ok on to the theory - suppose we put in a 160 thermostat (or whatever is
> > less than the
> > magic temp) which wont allow the engine to reach the magic threshold
that
> > tells the
> > computer that it has warmed up now - its ok to go closed loop. O2
sensor
> > isnt a
***snippity snip snip snip***

I'm probably talking way over my mental capacity at the moment, as it's
approaching the 2am mark.... anywho, the dyno shop I'm working in
conjunction with on a few projects is starting to get into custom computers.
Right now they're setup to reburn all years' of the rustangs. Soon to get
into Mopars, I plan on doing some sweet talking and get my truck in there
when he gets the reburn software/hardware in. So hopefully in the near
future I'll be understanding the stock pcm's quite well...

not sure how much improvement can be had with a basically stock motor, but I
saw him pull 150hp with a chip on a turbo'd stang, up the boost, crank the
timing, etc etc, took advantage of an iced down intercooler... not much
good for street use, but rather impressive to say the least

Dak content: my dak is about to be real damn fast =)

-Jon Smith-