nondak but very funny

From: fdedip@whale-mail.com
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 03:42:56 EST

Got this story in my email today:

This is a true story from the Word Perfect Helpline
which was transcribed
 from recording monitoring the customer care
department.

Needless to say the HelpDesk employee was fired;
however, he/she is
currently suing the WordPerfect organization for
"Termination
without Cause". Actual dialogue of a former
WordPerfect Customer Support
employee
(now I know why they record these conversations).

"Ridge Hall computer assistance; may I help you?"

"Yes, well, I'm having trouble with WordPerfect."

"What sort of trouble?"

"Well I was just typing along, and all of a sudden
the words went
away".

"Went away?"

"They disappeared."

"Hmm. So what does your screen look like now?"

"Nothing."

"Nothing?"

"It's blank; it won't accept anything when I type."

"Are you still in WordPerfect or did you get out?"

"How do I tell?"

"Can you see the C: prompt on the screen?"

"What's a sea-prompt?"

"Never mind. Can you move your cursor around the
screen?"

"There isn't any cursor: I told you, it won't accept
anything I
type".

"Does your monitor have a power indicator?"

"What's a monitor?"

"It's the thing with the screen on it that looks like
a TV.

Does it have a little light that tells you when it's
on?"

"I don't know?"

"Well, then look on the back of the monitor and find
where the
power
cord
goes into it. Can you see that?"

"Yes, I think so".

"Great. Follow the cord to the plug, and tell me if
it's plugged
into the wall."

"Yes it is"

"When you were behind the monitor, did you notice
that there were
two cables plugged into the back of it, not just
one?"

"No."

"Well, there are. I need you to look back there again
and find the
other cable."

"Okay, here it is"

"Follow it for me, and tell me if it's plugged
securely into the
back of your computer".

"I can't reach it."

"Uh huh. Well, can you see if it is?"

"No."

"Even if you maybe put your knee on something and
lean way over?"

"Oh, it's not because I don't have the right angle -
it's because
it's dark."

"Dark?"

"Yes the office light is off, and the only light I
have is coming
in from the window."

"Well, turn on the office light then."

"I can't."

"No? Why not?"

"Because there's a power failure."

"A power.... A power failure? Aha, Okay, we've got it
licked now."

"Do you still have the boxes and manuals and packing
stuff your
computer came in?"

"Well, yes I keep them in the closet."

"Good. Go get them, and unplug your system and pack it
 up just like
it was when you got it. Then take it back to the store
you bought it
from."

"Really? Is it that bad?"

"Yes, I'm afraid it is."

"Well, all right then, I suppose. What do I tell
them?"

"Tell them you're too fucking stupid to own a
computer."

Flip

http://www.care2.com - Homebase for people who care about the Environment!