Re: Drivetrain Loss

From: Chris Lambert (clam9892@postoffice.uri.edu)
Date: Sun Feb 13 2000 - 13:43:40 EST

Dude when I first read this I thought you said to place your head against
the wall, I was dying... still a great way to explain though... afterall
F=fN (force = friction coeff * normal force)...

Priceless,
Chris

<< Well Phil, try this. Place your hand against a wall. Slide it
down. Notice the friction/resistance. Now press your hand harder against
the wall, and slide it down. Littler harder ehh? To relate this to your
question, the more power you transfer, the more power is used to overcome
friction in the driveline.
Mike