Re: RE: Scott Morris 4.7 Gtech #$#$@! post

From: Chris Lambert (clam9892@postoffice.uri.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 12 2000 - 17:53:09 EST

Well my G-Tech manual says for 1/4 mi time and speed measurements...
(around page 9)
1. Turn G-Tech on
2. Choose Acceleration Mode
3. Switch to middle position
4. Position device horizontally
5. Get ready to start Accelerating
6. Push the button
7. G-Tech/Pro zeroes-out
8. - GO - is displayed
9. Start Accelerating
10. G-Tech Pro starts timing
11. Accelerate to 1/4 Mi
12. G-Tech blinks 60mph time
13. User Choice- Continue Accelerating
14. G-Tech stops timing at 1/4 mi
15. G-Tech displays results

Horsepower measurement tells you to input the weight of the vehicle (page
6)...

Straight out of teh manual buddy. This thing is a simple accelerometer
with a display and a logic function. It works by integrating acceleration
(what it reads) to get velocity. it then integrates again to get distance.
 The formulas you gave are accurate if you know the weight of the vehicle
and you want to know HP. If a motorcycle does teh 1/4 in 10s flat is it
not the same 10s that a car could do it in? 10s is 10s despite weight,
granted teh car/truck is gonna take a pissload more HP to get a 10s in the
1/4.

Chris

ps. I know it is torque that determines quater mile times and HP determines
1/4 mile trap speeds.