Re: Re: NOS System with Blower

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 15:09:59 EST

I never said that you can't and I know it's been done. Hell, there's guys
in Ricers running 50HP shots on their Turbos to get more power.

This part really doesn't apply to Daks...but from the engine perspective,
it fits:

We had built (Automotive Performance in SJ, CA) several 5.0's running
Paxton's (6# Boost) with a 50-75HP shot of the giggle-gas (NorCal 5.0's was
one of our biggest clients). However, the engines also had SVO Blocks
(much stronger than the factory ones), Forged Pistons, H/D Roller Rockers,
studs on just about everything (mains & heads), and modified transmission
(5 speed and Automatics) to handle the extra HP and TQ. The people who had
this done also paid about $7000 for the "conversion".

Anything is possible...but as I said in the past: You have to Pay to
Play. (BTW: We also had a few who messed with the systems and blew up the
engines.)

$0.02

- Bernd