Drivetrain Loss

From: Phil Jenkins (bugnik@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 14:33:31 EST

. Also, according to several dyno shops, engine
builders, and
personal experiences...the driveline loss (on the
average) is: Manual = 20%
/ Automatic = 23%-25%.
I saw this in an earlier post and was wondering why
the loss is expressed as a percentage. How come its
not a certain amout? So a motor making 400 HP loses 25
percent= 100 HP and a motor making 300 HP loses 75 HP,
even with identical drivetrains? I don't understand
why. Could someone shed some light on this for me?

=====
Phil
Havana IL
98 CC 318 Auto