RE: Re: Octane Booster Advice

From: Steve St.Laurent (saint1958@home.com)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 11:04:18 EST

After talking to some friends who are SVT engineers, the reason behind the
running the 87 Octane level is that they must meet the CA CARB board
emission, which every year is getting stricter. The engine are detuned to
meet that requirement.

You can easily remodify the chip to run it at 92 level or greater, depending
on the piston compression and Cam durations.

Steve St.Laurent
2000 DC Dakota 4.7, CC, 4x2, 3:55 (soon 330HP)
2000 Roush Mustang Stage I (awaiting the new SC)