Re: Why I Drive A DAKOTA!

From: fdedip@whale-mail.com
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 17:58:02 EST

Tis a '98 RC Sport, 2wd, 5sp, V6, Intense Blue. Sport decals
removed, Ram head taillight covers (color matched), the words "BEWARE
OF DODGE" across the top of the windshield. Aluminum side rails, BFG
Sport Truck T/A tires (245/65/15). Airaid intake, Gibson side-exit
cat-back. Cedar Ram head air freshener (thanks Cal!). JBA headers
still on my living room floor. Blue things, also not installed yet.

Why? Because I was in lust when I saw the new body style. ;-) And I
knew someone with a '92 Dak that he was quite happy with, so I
figured it wasn't just a pretty face.
What don't I like? Gas mileage of a truck (but it could be worse!),
I didn't get cruise control, she insists on speeding and then the
cops chase me down and give me tickets and its too easy for them to
keep track of me because the truck is so very blue, wish it was a
couple inches taller. (wish I was a couple inches taller too)
What do I like? Stomping the gas at a traffic signal and leaving
everyone else standing. Easing on the gas at a traffic signal, and
STILL leaving everyone standing. Driving down unmaintained road,
construction, etc. cackling "its a truck! it can make it!".
Pressing the gas pedal to keep up speed when going up a hill and
feeling that surge of power. The words "nice truck!" heard
frequently. Comfy seats. The DML.
If I were replacing it, I'd get the 4.7, cruise control, and air
conditioning. Oh, and 3.92 gears. (I have 3.21. I'm gonna switch
em though).
Flip

http://www.care2.com - Homebase for people who care about the Environment!