Re: Why I Drive A DAKOTA!

From: ScottH216@aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 21:18:16 EST

<< Give a description of your Dak >>
'94 White Sport RC 5.2, Auto, 3.55 SG.
Bought it new, now has over 113, 000 miles.
K&N FIPK, F&B, Mopar PCM, MSD 6A & 8.5 wires, Autolite 3923's, 180 T-stat,
Edelbrock 2-1/2" Muff, Lakewoods, Synthetics, 275/60 Drag Radials on 15x7 AR
rims, Alpine, Bedliner & Extang Cover.
Best ET: 15.24 @ 89 MPH.

<< What you like >>
Having a V-8 in a mid sized truck.
Surprising people at the racetrack.
It's not too big, and not too small.
Being a part of the DML!
My ignition key light switch :)

<< What you dislike >>
The highway speed wind noise
Some parts are designed poorly (I wish the engineers would just drive one for
a few weeks before they settle on a design, it would be so easy to fix some
things...)
The moronic wheel bolt pattern (What idiot engineer thought 6 on 4 1/2" was a
good idea?)
Not having interior storage space. (if I had it to do over, I'd get the Club
Cab).
3.55 rear (wish I had gotten the 3.92)
Disc rotors always warping.

<< If you bought another Dak, What would it be? >>
An R/T. The newer body style is beautiful, and in lowered R/T trim, there's
nothing else like it, and no truck looks faster... Since the "new" hemi is
the wave of the future, maybe I'll seriously look at one when they come out
with the 5.7. (And I get a real job...)

<< Other Mopars you own >>
None, just Chevys. (unless you count the 4 cylinder '92 Dakota, but it was
about 4 cylinders too little, and was soon replaced...)

Good idea Dave and Lynn, I like reading what other Dakota owner's have to say!

Scott
McKennaRacing.com