My "Heavy Hauler" Dakota...

From: dak@mama.indstate.edu
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 22:22:46 EST

Hi all,

  Thought I might share this one with you, as I am
awfully proud of my Dak today :-). I had to help move
some equipment from our HQ to a secondary office
space in town. I ask the boss "what are we moving?",
he says, "we need to move some UPS equipment over
to the other building". I'm like, fine, guess we
aren't going to get movers like we usually do,
oh well. So, I pull up my truck, and we proceed to
load the pieces for this *big honkin' UPS*. It was
pretty damn heavy, had to have been a ton since it
looked like the Dak was almost ready to hit the
bump stops :-(. I'm like "damn what the hell - oh well
too late now", so after scraping the shit out of my
bed and tailgate we button her up and proceed to
drive down the road. It was amazing... the truck
didn't even feel like it was hauling anything!
Stop and go traffic, merging onto the highway
(during rush hour no less), up and down hills,
it didn't matter - the truck would just pullpullpull
along no sweat.

So, what are the specs on this beast, you ask?

'97 CC SLT+ v6 5spd 3.55 LSD *stock*

That's right, my sixer hauled a ton of lead-acid
goodness today, and but for the new paint scheme
on the bed and tailgate didn't even complain. My
boss felt so bad that the company is gonna pay
for my new Rhino liner (as soon as I get it installed,
of course) :-).

Have fun, y'all...

--
dak