Re: My "Heavy Hauler" Dakota...

From: Chad Clifton (mcc@negia.net)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 22:35:43 EST

Pulled a 5000lb car and trailer about 30 miles through the hilly curvy
countryside running about 45 - 55mph most of the way with my '95 6'er
with 3.55 gears and a few mods. Dynomax Race Magnum muffler being the
main horsepower/torque contributor. The truck had absolutely NO problem
pulling this load. Everyone involved was absolutely amazed. I was a
little surprised myself. It even stopped pretty damn good. It was
amazing how well the truck would accelerate. I can't imagine how the V8
would have handled that load. Probably woulda been like pullin' it with
a Cummins! :)

Chad Clifton
mcc@negia.net
'95 DSCC 5sp V6