Re: Re:Driveshaft safety loop

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 22:22:59 EST

In a message dated 2/16/00 10:11:49 AM Eastern Standard Time,
ashort@flash.net writes:

> I'm 99% sure you can't put a safety loop on the rear of the driveshaft,
> because it moves around too much with the suspension.
> Safety loops are for the front of the driveshaft to prevent the "pole
> vault" effect.

Your correct Alan and the rules require within 6" or 12" of the front U joint
I believe. I have one on the front of the rear shaft (CC) as I don't believe
the front shaft can go anyplace destructive with it going through the carried
bearing. They are pretty cheap but I had to furnish enough metal to allow it
to reach the frame rails.

Bill