98 Dakota stops pinging with 30% 93 octane and 70% 89 octance....Is this a solution??

From: A B (oohay1xxx@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 22:24:55 EST

After the dealer tried (they say) every possible
solution to stop the
pinging, I find that it will stop with the above
formula. It still pinged
on 89 octane, so I added just enough 93 octane to make
it stop.
Well, it still may be pinging, but I can't hear it.
All Dakotas are
pretty loud (mainly wind on the windshield), so maybe
it's still
pinging but it's hard to tell.

My question is, how big a hassle would you consider
this, if you can get the pinging to stop with the
above "gas formula"? How screwed
up is this truck if it pingins with 89 but not with
the above formula (which
basically is equal to about 91 octane). If I had to
use 100% of 93 octane,
I'd be really pissed, but it doesn't seem that bad
with only having to put
a fraction (about one-quarter) of 93 in.

Then again, maybe it's still pinging but i don't know
it.