Re: 2001 Durango R/T

From: James Harmon (jdharmon@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2000 - 00:11:31 EST

These mexican Ramchargers are not being sold in the States because of the
displacement in the market of the Durango if this were to happen. The Durango
has a niche market in the midsize vehicle area. The full size Ramcharger
would take sales away from the Durango market and enter DC into a market to
compete evenly with the Ford and Chevy POS.
Safety issues? No way. They are made to the same standards in the same
factory as the remainder of the mexico made Dodges are. Everything is the
same mechanically. i have seen and driven one out here. It is great. They
do drive like a full sized truck though! most american SUV owners would not
like the ride. Very much like the old Ramchargers! I loved it!
Jim