Re: Why I Drive A DAKOTA!

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2000 - 02:05:28 EST

Here we go =)

<< Give a description of your Dak >>
Black 88 Dakota LE (pw, pl, fancy woodgrain lookin' stuff), auto, long
bed, regular cab, aka "the mighty premag" right now it has a 6er, but
there is a 360 sittin' right here that is gonna find it's way into the
dak. It's lowered 3/5. I have many mods on the premag: Edelbrock headers,
2.5" high flow cat, 2.5 Borla muffler, 2.5" pipe all the way back to a 4"
tip, Magnecore wires, K&N 14x3 open element, JET stage II. I have removed
the rear bumper and relocated the license plate to the Lexan rear window
(right behind my head as I drive). It has bucket seats out of a Daytona,
absolutely custom center console from Walmart, and an Alpine CD player. I
just got new paint job (which came out terrible) and the truck is really
starting to come around =)

<< What you like >>
Roomy cab, but not huge like my dad's 88 Ram, just a smooth truck... not
many seams.. good starting point for customizing. The truck is
different... not your everyday Chevy or Ford...
good strudy truck... no cheap plastic or fiberglass on the truck

<< What you dislike >>
the premag is a pig.... hate to say it, but it is...
came with a 7.25 rear and 3.55 one legged... wtf?! Who puts a 7.25 in a
truck???!!
that chrome crap on my tailgate.... and the chrome fender trim too
lack of aftermarket support
the brakes suck

<< If you bought another Dak, What would it be? >>
a quad cab with the biggest baddest V8 available and a 5 speed.... bagged
with 20's, totally smoothed, ready to show and driven' daily (no
trailered trucks in my garage!!)

<< Other Mopars you own >>
my dad has an 88 Ram... he had a 72 pick up that he had till 88 when he
got the new one... man, I grew up in that ol' truck =)
this is my first truck... sentimental value I guess...

-mike d.

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.