Re: Who is running 17" wheels?attn DICEMAN

From: Mag318Racr@aol.com
Date: Thu Feb 17 2000 - 02:36:58 EST

In a message dated 2/16/00 3:39:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,
DICEMAN469@aol.com writes:

> n a message dated 2/16/00 4:22:18 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> Mag318Racr@aol.com writes:
>
> > What year is your truck Austin? I have the same combo and there's no way
>
> > could go 4/5. I am at 2/3 probably closer to 2/4 and I've rubbed the
> bottom
> > lip of my fenders on slow bumpy corners.
> >
> > Kelly in SC
> > '96 CC 5.2
>
> I've got a 95 RC. It's all in the backspacing. My tires sit inside the
> fenders just fine. Sometimes on really hard bumps the tire will hit the
> inside fenderwell, but this is a very rare occurance, and I've never
> sustained any damage from it.
>
> -Austin
> Vipertruck
My wheels are backspaced to the max. I get very minimal rubbing on the
drivers side at full lock. I think but I'm not sure that they are at 5.25". I
checked out your page and I have the same tire combo as you as well. I am
wondering if the V6's maybe have more backspacing available? Looking for
suggestions here. I'm gonna send a pic of my truck to your email. -- I
really need to get a webpage...

Kelly in SC
'96 CC 5.2