White face guages; what's going on here?

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2000 - 17:22:14 EST

   I've been a bit frustrated by the lack of info regarding the
status of the 'pre-97 white face guages, and the impression that
the number of confirmed orders seems to be jumping all over the
place, so I called NR Auto to try and get some answers, and also to
place an order for a few sets, if that's what it takes to get these
things made. Unfortunately, Neal wasn't in, but I talked to a lady
named Marsha. She said that she was sure the deadline has been
extended to the end of the month (good news) but that they needed
between 30-35 confirmed orders, not 20!!! (BAD news!!) She said
something about originally they were going to need 50 orders, but
that they need somewhere between 30-35 confirmed orders before
comitting to production. (She wasn't sure of the exact number.)

   So at this point, I'm not sure what's going on here. Chris, if
you've got something in writing from Neal or whoever you've been
working with, if they've said we only need 20, we need to try to
hold them to that number! We currently only have 16 confirmed orders,
according to Marsha, and if we have to get 30, I just don't see it
happening. I was prepared to buy 3-4 sets, but no way can I afford
to buy 14 of 'em!!!

  If anyone is interested in white face guages for your 'pre-97
Dakota, call NR Auto at 818-501-4214 or 818-986-2804 and give 'em
your credit card number. They're $99, which is in itself at least
a $20-30 discount, not to mention the fact that these will be the
only gauges in existance for these trucks. (Buy an extra set and
hang on to 'em or sell 'em on e-bay for a tidy profit if you like!)
They include a tach, 110mph speedometer, gas gauge, oil pressure,
water temp, and voltage.

  Lets make this happen!

                                              -Jon-

  .--- jon@dakota-truck.net -- or -- stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu ------------.
  | '92 Ram 150 4x4 V8, '96 Dakota V8, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly 447 |
  `---------------------------- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---'