New Listmember

From: Michael Hines (michael_hines@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2000 - 17:27:00 EST

Hi DML'ers

My name is Mike Hines and I am a new listmember. I just traded my 1997 Jeep
Grand Cherokee TSi 5.2 for a 2000 Durango SLT Plus 4.7 4wd. I liked the Jeep
a lot but I really love this Durango - it's bigger inside, (subjectively)
better built, quicker, smoother and it is a very handsome vehicle, to boot.
It is Bright Platinum Metallic, which is a dead ringer for the Dark Silver
Metallic that was the color of my 1973 Dart 340 Sport that I restored a few
years back (and later, regrettably, sold...boo hoo hoo!) I've had three
recent Rams dating back to 1994 (a 5.2 4wd RC SB, a 5.2 4wd CC, and 5.9 4wd
QC) over the past few years, and it's good to be back in the fold. My wife
and I also own a red '99 Camaro SS, which is essentially her car except when
it needs washed, waxed, or maintained...(or needs the carbon blown
out...hehehe! ;^)

Anyway, I've put 1400 miles on it in the past three weeks and it is starting
to loosen up. I love the 4.7L engine and 3.92:1 Sure-grip combo...this thing
really comes on strong, certainly better than the JGC w/ 5.2 and 3.73:1
gears, believe it or not! The mileage has also gone up a bit (from a dismal
11.5 mpg w/ the first tank to a more respectable 16 with the last fillup - a
whopping 39% increase). I just did an oil change at 750 miles and will do
another soon at 1500.

I've been looking at some upgrades for later on, like stereo equipment
(amps, speakers, sub? - anyone have any reasonably-priced success stories
they want to share?...Or good advice, which is always cheap, is appreciated
as well!), 17" wheel pkgs (looking at the RT wheel group purchase), and
performance mods, like catbacks and intake mods. I look to the DML to be a
resource for more information on that front and many more. I've seen lots of
good information already pass by (I've been lurking for a few weeks) and
look forward to seeing even more in the future.

Mike Hines
2000 Durango 4.7L 4wd
1999 Camaro SS M6