Re: 92 Dak, rear window gasket needed.

From: Mark Johnson (mAARk@wrlc.org)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 18:17:33 EST

At 02:40 PM 02/18/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>If you broke the center slider out of your rear window my fix was to

First problem, P.O. broke the window and put a thin piece of plexiglass in,
no latch was retained.

>goto a glass shop and have a piece custom made and installed in the
>original window. (cost about 50$)

Problem 2, I already bought a new slider on E-bay for $35. I figgured at that
price it was cheaper to replace the whole slider! Then I discovered that the
gaskets were different, DOH! now it would have been cheaper to fix the
window (too late, too cheap).

> MAKE SURE THEY TEST FIT IT FOR
>MOVEMENT BEFORE THEY TEMPER THE NEW GLASS. ( I had to wait for 2 months
>while the shop took 3 tries to get it right). Glue the old latch in
>place and your good as new.

This truck is a semi-beater (I'm falling in love with the truck so fast
it's hard not to
fix her up) so cheap is a priority. Truth is the only reason I needed to
change the
slider is I want to be able to lock the rear window before I start
upgrading the
stereo ;-).

How's this for cheap, I noticed that the stereo that came with it,
only played through the doors, so I figgured the truck didn't have rear
speakers.
E-bay has an auction for a set of factory speakers and I get them cheap. A
quick
look in the back reveals I already have rear speakers, hmmmm, what to do?
Well my arm rest is busted, so I'm planning to build a center console with
the new front
and rear speakers facing directly opposite the factory speakers. I'll phase
them
so each seat has a right and left channel on each side. Hide a yard sale
360 watt amp in the
console and hook up 2 6" Bazookas and it won't be a competition system, but
it'll do
for this old man ;-).

Wish I had a new Quad cab or one of those nice R/Ts, but I've invested my
toy money
in other places (look at my sig. ;-)). But it sure is tuff trying to keep a
Dakota a beater ;-).

Mark Johnson (mAARk) Pasadena, Maryland. '92 Dakota V6/Auto daily driver!
1970 AAR 'Cuda, Sassy Grass Green, weekend cruiser and rough show car.
1973 Challenger, Med. Blue, 318/2bbl,daily driver,future 360 muscle car!
1940 Chrysler Royal Coupe,440/auto,under construction, future street rod!
See my cars and my huge AAR gallery @ http://aar.moparweb.com (Thanks Chris!)