Re: 92 Dak, rear window gasket needed.

From: Jonathon Lemus (lemusj@umich.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 14:40:47 EST

If you broke the center slider out of your rear window my fix was to
goto a glass shop and have a piece custom made and installed in the
original window. (cost about 50$) MAKE SURE THEY TEST FIT IT FOR
MOVEMENT BEFORE THEY TEMPER THE NEW GLASS. ( I had to wait for 2 months
while the shop took 3 tries to get it right). Glue the old latch in
place and your good as new.

At 01:32 PM 02/17/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>I have one off an 88, but does your window gasket wrap all the way
>around your rear window, or does it just grab the outside edge?
>In the earlier one the window sticks out a litte more and won't seal
>in a 93 correctly as Dodge changed the gasket/window setup sometime
>between 89-91.
>( I have the older one it's yours if you think it will fix.)

I had to read this several times, but I think I understand ;-). My
current
slider has a
single sliding window (might be factory) that was replaced with a thin

piece of
plexiglass that you could push out easily. The gasket has a wide groove

that the
entire width of the slider sets in so there is no overhang of the
window frame.
The replacement I bought has a much wider aluminum frame that has a
ridge all
the way around about the thickness of a glass window. It appears that a

gasket for
a plain glass rear window would also fit around this slider. It would
however leave
the frame overhanging the gasket. If the windows openings are the same
size
on the
88 and 92 then I think this will work.

I just checked the E-bay ad, and he advertised it as fitting '86-'96
Dakotas, so I think
your gasket is probably what I need. I'm located in Pasadena Maryland,

where are
you?

Sorry to be so long winded, thanks!

Mark Johnson (mAARk) Pasadena, Maryland. '92 Dakota V6/Auto daily
driver!
1970 AAR 'Cuda, Sassy Grass Green, weekend cruiser and rough show car.
1973 Challenger, Med. Blue, 318/2bbl,daily driver,future 360 muscle
car!
1940 Chrysler Royal Coupe,440/auto,under construction, future street
rod!
See my cars and my huge AAR gallery @ http://aar.moparweb.com (Thanks
Chris!)