Re: Bumper (Kyle)

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 21:40:40 EST

> I just came from a show in Denver where Reunel (sp?) had a display.
>They've just come out with a rear bumper for daks with an integrated class
>IV receiver hitch rated 15K #s. I don't know if it'll fit your 93, but
they
> have REALLY nice stuff. I think it comes with Piaa backup lights too.
> Prices were around $400 and up.

Thank, I appreciate the info. Have considered them and I do have a Reunel
catalog and price list, as well as a picture of their products on a Dakota.
Just trying to figure out all my options for a rear bumper. I really really
do like their rear bumpers, because they are so heavy duty. Some specs of
these bumpers include:
-20,000 pound towing capacity....wow!!
-6,120 pound tongue weight...wow!!
-20,000 pound trailer weight.....wow!!
-Receiver Hitch; 15,000 pound trailer weight and 5,180 pound tongue
weight.....once again something my Dak just dreams of pulling!!!
-15,000 pound bolt on receiver, for a 2"x2" hookup I assume
-Black, Stainless Steel, or Diamond finish
-Suggested retail for the Black(which would be the one I would get) listed
in my catalog is $255.....really not bad at all.
-Suggested retail for the 'Bolt On' receiver, is $75
-The frame brackets alone are 1/2" solid steel plate
-Grade 5 bolts are used throughout the bumper, so I would call and ask for a
Grade 8 upgrade, if possible and needed

This way I would really get rid of my Hidden Hitch, and just rely on the
Reunel bumper.....but might keep the Hidden Hitch just for kicks.....thanks
again,
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6