Re: Injectors

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Sat Feb 19 2000 - 14:02:00 EST

In a message dated 2/19/00 1:49:53 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dodgeram@gisco.net writes:

> Ok, so far I've done dual exhaust, headers, FIPK kit, msd, plugs, wires,
> chip, and a highly modified throttle body. I was told I need to run better
> injectors for the ram air kit I was looking into buying. He told me they
> have run into this problem. My truck does seem to starve for fuel it
seems.
> The punch isn't there right now. So basically 24# would do fine. I want
> get the best ones, but not over do it. Maybe 30 is too much. Does anyone
> else know??? I'll go with 24#'s, if that's the best option. Thanks for
> everyone's time.
You can run the 24's if you want, but remember that your computer is
calibrated to run at a 19# flow rate. So the computer will think it's running
a certain amount of fuel, but it's actually running more. Now with the ram
air you might get better a/f ratio at speed, but I think you'll still run
rich at idle. If you're going to upgrade, don't go 30's.

-Austin
Vipertruck