attn Stereo builders

From: jimm (jmiller@texnet.net)
Date: Sun Feb 20 2000 - 14:10:05 EST

Trying to put larger rear speakers in the 87 and up reg cabs is a waste of time.
There is not enough room and the baffling space available is poor. Besides all
you want coming from the rear of the cab is bass. For proper stereo imaging all
mids and highs should come from as far to the front as possible. The kicks are
the best spot. High in the doors where the factory Infinity tweeters are located
is considered poor location.
All considering building a custom sound system in their trucks should visit the
IASCA website to learn what I am trying to tell all or you! Anyone who has built
prize winning systems will tell you the same thing. I've been in the auto stereo
business since 1968! Listen and learn, don't guess. You will wind up wasting
money, cutting holes in your truck and be dissatisfied in the long run.