Re: milage

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2000 - 12:41:56 EST

At 11:16 PM 2/20/00 , you wrote:
>I remember a thread a few weeks back discussing the milage after the low fule
>warning light comes on <snip>

For those not aware of this, I feel I should point out that it is not good
for the fuel pump to run your tank this low. The fuel pump is cooled not
only by gas running thru it but also by being submerged in gas. The longer
you wait the hotter your fuel pump gets.

Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
mail to: mcrumley@airmail.net

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity;
and I'm not even sure about the universe." --Albert Einstein