Re[2]: milage

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Mon Feb 21 2000 - 13:22:42 EST

I dunno about this... I mean what's the upside of doing this? The downside is
the pump depends on fuel to keep all of it's parts lubricated. Sure it may not
cause any immediate problems but it sure ain't good for it either... Not to
mention, but I will ;-), your sucking any heavy crud through the pump/filter
that ordinarily would just stay on the bottom of the tank.

A better way to judge what you can get out of your tank is to track your
highway and city mileage and use the trip odometer to figure remaining miles to
empty... On the highway I know I can easily get 300 miles to a full-tank and
if I'm doing mostly city I don't want to push 250 miles on a full-tank.

It works for me anyway.
Tom