Re: Re: Re: Limited slip works!-burnout secrets revealed!

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2000 - 22:56:08 EST

At 09:15 PM 2/21/00 -0800, you wrote:
>I know in my old '88 and my fathers '95 ram, even when the tranny is in "2"
>you are really running first and second gears... try putting the truck in
>'2" and driving, it should shift once then go right up to redline in
>second. The only way to get it to be in only second gear is with a full
>manual valve body I believe... Chris

>>I personally brake/spin in second, take rpms up to about 2500, hold for
>>3 seconds and come out in Drive. Works for me and my setup.
>>Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.

Absolutely correct. What I omitted in my post was that, when
I take it to about 2500 rpm when the auto. gear selector is in 2nd, I get
on the pedal to get to 2500 as quick as possible ... not a gradual
application of pressure on the pedal.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.