Re: Re: Drag-talk

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 16:33:23 EST

In College, I helped my friend rebuild his then new 454 One ton Silverado
P/U 4x4. We took the 454 apart and blue printed it, decked it, milled the
heads, pocket ported and polished the heads, put in a good pulling cam,
Doug Thorley headers, and topped it off with a blueprinted Quadrajet. The
truck was an ungodly hillclimber and puller. It could fry all four
33inchers at will. Never did get it on the track. We had wanted to
compare two wheel times vs. four wheel times. About the only Chevy I ever
had true respect for. Of course, I'm sure I could have set up a 440 to run
better! I did feel like I had more potential to work with in the 454 heads
than the 440 heads. Didn't like the quadrajet at all, but there are guys
who can set it up to run.

In the 60's there was an AWD exhibition car (Hurst?). I vaguely remember
seeing it run at Lions (I was a 5 or so when Lions closed).

I believe NHRA rules limit AWD vehicles to those produced that way
originally.

Steve Ekstrand, Pasadena, CA Driver: '00 Dakota CC SLT+ 4.7L 3.92SG 255's
Stacey's Driver: '00 Inferno Red Intrepid ES-3.2L-24V Autostick w/Leather
Race Car: 69 1/2 Road Runner 440-6 (ex-NHRA SS/GA future B or C/SA???)
Project Car: 69 Barracuda Notchback (Orig. 318, now 360w/Edelbrock Heads)
Homepage: http://sites.netscape.net/professormopar/homepage