Re: Re: Re: Some updated info bout my truck (Intake Mods)

From: GS- (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 17:46:56 EST

> Dave Scelfo" <macncheesemonster@hotmail.com wrote:
> What did you do about the butterflies? I work for a specialty machine shop
> so machining isnt a problem but I'd have to take the TB off my truck so its
> kind of a dilemma. I'd have to get it all back together in order to get
> home ;) It seems like by the time I find a core and all the components I
> might as well just buy the damned thing from F&B.
>
> - --
> Dave

I'm using the stock butterflies and have not reduced their thickness.
I did reduce the size of the shaft tho. This was simple with a grinder,
then to finer attachments with the dremel. Finally with very small files
and very fine grit sandpaper. I actually used a gun blue to coat the
shaft
and its never rusted. It has worked so well I don't need a vendor
modified
one yet, HOWEVER!!! If I ever do I'll get an F&B TB for sure. I know the
research they've put into their TBs and I know they make more power than
my homemade version. You can't go wrong there.

GS -