Re: Dakota acting VERY funny lately.

From: Bob King (k85go76@erols.com)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 21:54:32 EST

I think that the O2 sensor may be it. I am having the same "hiccuping"
(backfire can be induced with throttle) on my '95 5.2. Granted it has
119,000 mi on it, but most are highway and I baby this thing with routine
maintenance. Last July, I replaced the O2 sensor with a new Borg Warner
unit. It ran fine at the time and for a few months afterward, but I do
remember word going around that a "bad lot" of O2 sensors had been put out
by BW about the same time as I replaced it. Also got a trouble code that
the computer was sensing a lean condition (O2 related) and thinks more gas
is needed. This only happens when the engine is cold ...goes away after
fully warmed. Is this the case with yours?

Bob King
Pennsville, NJ