Re: '00 4x4 Tow Limits

From: jason nahrgang (jasonnahrgang@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 21:57:02 EST

I've hooked up a 2400# U-haul car carrier with a 98 Accord on it and it
really taxed the dak. I figure I was pushing 6000# behind the hitch with
another 800-1000# in the bed. I decided against towing the car, too much
stress and probably way too much tongue weight. I have 3.55s and 1400#(?)
bed capacity so the a$$ end was really sagging. Point is, I could have done
it, but I had a choice and opted not to. You'd probably have better luck
with the 3.92s. Of course, airbags would just about eliminate rear end sag.
  (next project)

Jason Nahrgang
Moss Green '97 V8 4x4 SLT+ 5spd
3" Gibson