Re: Twin Turbo Dak-Patrick

From: durling@attglobal.net
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 22:57:01 EST

Patrick,

I'm not sure what island you're on but why don't you fly up and purchase the
truck then take it to a shipping company (ie tropical shipping out of riviera
beach)? Alot of people in the island do this so I know it can be done (have seen
alot of carslesmen taking the cars there themselves) I'm not sure how the
financing would work out (if you need to) but I know you just need a letter from
them stating that they allow you to have the vehicle out-of-country and you will
clear customs. Otherwise you have to have a clear title to get it shipped. If I
remember right you once said you were on St. Croix? If i'm wrong sorry, but if
not then you should not have a problem taking care of the financing unless you
finance the vehilcle there and they just send the dealership here a certified
check. I know about this because we do alot of telephone construction work in
the U.S.V.I. so I have dealt with things like this before. If you're on St.
Croix look for the bucket truks with national on the side hanging telephone
cable. If you do ship and if you can try using tropical out of riviera beach
since customs is easier to deal with there and they have never lost anything in
the 20 years we have been using them. Try not to use a shipping company that
goes through Puerto Rico since they have a high percentage of theft (no offense
is meant to anyone). We have used these company before only to pick up the
vehicles with missing engines. Sorry for such a long post but hope this helps.

Jeff Durling
'96 RC Sport - 318