Re[2]: Re: Drag-talk

From: Chris Lambert (clam9892@postoffice.uri.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 02:35:10 EST

Simple, when a vehicle launches off the line, most of teh vehicle weight
transfers to the rear tires of the car. Therefore in a fwd your tires are
now receiving almost no weight... make sense?

Chris

>>Instead of 4wd I've always wondered why front wheel drive wouldn't be
better
for street spec. drag racers (engines up front) than rear wheel drive? All
you
guys and gals that have done some serious work on your engine all seem to
complain about wheel spin... Wouldn't FWD put more weight on the driving
tires
(engine on top) and allow you to put more power to the ground?
Don't crucify me for this... I honestly don't know why this wouldn't be
better
and just hope somebody can explain it to me.
Thanks!