Re: Re[2]: Re: Drag-talk

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 19:49:19 EST

>> I've always wondered why front wheel drive wouldn't be better
for street spec. drag racers (engines up front) than rear wheel drive?
All you
guys and gals that have done some serious work on your engine all seem to

complain about wheel spin... Wouldn't FWD put more weight on the driving
tires
(engine on top) and allow you to put more power to the ground?<<

I'm a little behind, but I'll take a stab at this =)

when the ricer/FWD car guns it, all the weight of the car shifts to the
back of the car. This reduces the amount of weight over thr front wheels
and traction becomes an instant issue. The AWD cars with REAL power that
run the 11's and 10's take all the FWD stuff off and run on the rears
only.

wow.. that almost made sense! =)

-mike d.

---> Yorktown, Va.
88 Dakota LE: slammed, painted, and fixin' to get a 360 Magnum!! =)

miggitymike@juno.com
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf/index.html

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.