Re: Man I sucked!!!!

From: Mike Schwall (mschwall@flash.net)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 23:58:34 EST

At 05:45 PM 2/22/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>I ran in the right hand lane if that means anything to
>you local regulars at HRP. BTW what exactly was that
>crap i ran through and then proceeded to burnout? I
>didn't know what I was doing but I did as my friend
>told me.

It's called the waterbox. If your running street tires, you want to avoid
getting the tires wet. The track techs will get pissed at you and could
even keep you from running. Most of the time it's just plain water, some
use a traction compound - gets the rubber soft and sticky. The tread on
street tires will allow water to cling to it, which gets the starting line
wet. Water doesn't help traction too much. I've seen some techs actually
make the runner backup and go to the end of the line.

Mike

mschwall@flash.net