Crower 1.7 Roller Rocker Arms

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 00:22:48 EST

I purchased a set of these for my '00 RT last Friday, and had them
installed on Sunday.

So far, the trucks pulls much better in the 3000-4200 rpm range.

I haven't dyno'd the truck to get the numbers vs. stock
(though I have Mopar Headers & Gen II intake on now too),
but these numbers will be a good idea for someone else looking to
do these commons mods.

I live in San Diego, about 20 minutes from Crower. I asked them
about a group purchase, and was able to get a pretty good price on
an order of 20 sets. I paid roughly $450 with tax, but with an order
of 20 sets, the price would drop to somewhere around $350 with tax
each (out of state, no tax).

I've posted this to the RT Club/Registry page too, so people can
get a good price if we jump on it and get at least 20 orders.

Installation, WAY easy. I am putting together a 'HOW TO' for installation
following exactly what was done to my truck. I watched the install,
helped a little, and learned a lot. The installation can be done by
most anyone with a little bit of help from a 2nd person, and a few basic
tools. A torque wrench is recommended for one part of the installation,
which
can be borrowed from someone you know in most cases.

So far the performance increase isn't 100% apparent yet, nor is the mileage
increase. Once the weather gets a little better here in San Diego, and I
can get 3-4 days of driving to work and back down in normal fashion, I know
the mpg will increase at least 1 mpg (which is HUGE for me).

If interested, let me know as I have 2-3 people already interested in
getting
the kit. This kit is for 0-5500 rpm applications, and requires no guide
plates
or longer push rods. For applications above that, you need the xxxxPK kit
which includes
guide plates and longer push rods, but is about $125-$150 more money.
Realistically,
I don't see many people running above 5500 rpm with the stock cam.

Sam '00 RT