Re: Dakota acting VERY funny lately.

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 00:53:56 EST

nope. never touched the distributor. just used the scanner to get the fuel
syncronization on it.

On the timing. I turned the crank and cam (old chain still attached and when
the timing marks lined up. my instructor (teacher at the school) told me I
was at TDC and that I should just pull the old chain off from there and put
the new set on. slapped on perfectly. This problem has been happening on
and off. If it were distributor timing.. wouldn't it affect the truck all
the time?
-Dester

PS. would advancing or retardin it help fuel economy (to a point!)

<< Ok, I'm falling asleep here. Did you remove the distributor? Did you
 mix/cross any spark plug wires or injector wires? When you removed the old
 chain, did you turn the crank or cam? Let me know, and we'll go from there.

 Mike